I’ve been seeing some ads on Facebook and Instagram about FOREO’s new “Top Secret” project that will apparently revolutionize the sheet mask industry. Their Instagram has been full of blurred out photos to tease us all, and I couldn’t wait anymore! They’re attending a conference called CES 2018 focused on tech starting tomorrow and will make their official release then, but all the info is actually available on Kickstarter!
The new device is called the UFO and is a pulsating device that claims to deliver the benefits of a sheet mask in just 90 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes!
The product description on YouTube is as follows:
Welcome to a whole new way to mask. Combining premium skincare formulas and state-of-the-art technology for an advanced facial treatment in seconds.
UFO instantly warms to open pores and enhance absorption of mask ingredients. Or, depending on the treatment, it cools to lift and firm skin. Together with powerful T-sonic pulsations, this technology infuses nutrients deeper into the skin, making UFO more effective than a conventional sheet mask in only 90 seconds.
Featuring full-spectrum LED light, UFO offers 3 targeted photofacials in one simple, at-home solution.
Blue LED promotes circulation for a clearer, healthier-looking complexion. Green brightens a dull complexion and evens the skin tone. And red erases signs of aging for smoother, younger-looking skin.
Each ultra-fine microfiber mask in this daily duo attaches easily to the device and pairs with a unique UFO treatment routine for flawless skin from morning ‘til night.
A simple but powerful FOREO app allows you to perfectly control UFO settings and treatment routines. Order replacement masks and all future UFO-compatible products right from your phone.
Small, beautifully-designed and USB rechargeable, the FOREO UFO smart mask is changing the beauty world, one face at a time.
The Device Will Come in Two Versions:
The regular, full-size device will be $279 USD and the mini version (it’s just smaller with no cryo therapy) will be $179 USD. There are 3 colour schemes total: a light pink, magenta pink, and baby blue. There are discounted packages available which include FOREO’s other devices and bonus sheet mask packs.
So… let’s summarize what this device is exactly:
- FOREO is known for its T-Sonic pulsations found in all their devices (like the LUNA, which I absolutely love) which is currently used for deep cleaning. This new device uses it for pushing product into the skin instead!
- It’s a pulsating, wireless face device that is designed for sheet masks.
- It uses hyper-infusion technology: temperature therapy (thermo and cryo) and different light technologies to penetrate the product deep into your skin.
- The whole process takes 90 seconds.
- There is a companion app in the Google Play and iOS App stores, to control the device and tailor its use for different skin types.
- Different sheet mask packs will be sold separately (Hyaluronic Acid, Ginseng, Olive Oil and other ingredient-based masks).
Sign up for their newsletter on the website and get 50% off this device at launch!
All the information can be found on their Kickstarter page here.
All images and content is of course, owned by FOREO and I’m merely reporting what I’ve read as an eager consumer 🙂